The boys and I also met up with some others and kept ourselves busy with a few different activities. We went on a little hike (more like a leisurely walk because we were late) at Idler's Rest, biked on the Chipman trail, participated in a cooking and nutrition class, and went to Rendezvous for kids (a local festival for kids). Cole and Bryce really enjoyed the hands-on "art stops" they participated in at Rendezvous, which is held at one of the local parks in Moscow. They made some Tie-dye bandannas, yarn art, flags, bookmarks, snack art, blew bubbles, and had their faces painted.
I also managed to smash the end of my finger in one of the lawn chairs at the city pool. After going in to have to Doc look at it, apparently I smashed it so hard that it fractured the bone on the end of my ring finger. However there is nothing really they could do for it. I was more worried about losing my fingernail (yuck). It's healing and doing just fine...and I've learned my lesson with the lawn chairs. Here are some pics of the boys at Rendezvous for Kids.
got the Scotch tape and hung it in the window in his room.
The boys each made their own tie-dye bandanna.
making a caterpillar out of melon balls (the kids got to eat their art).
Making bookmarks with stamps.
9 comments:
Awesome looking bandanas! How sweet in your first pic...your boys with their arms around each other! So sweet. No wonder the Holdaway kids love your boys so much!
Every year I swear that I'll take my kids to Rendevous.... every year I forget. Looks like fun, though! Cute pics!
Kari
You rock! I love the pictures!
Love the bandanas! Way to go, boys!
Cole & Bryce,
Your bandannas are awesome!
Cole your design is Great.
Bryce your yarn art is cool.
Your bubbles looked like they
were a lot of fun!
Kristin, careful where you put
your fingers:) I bet that really
hurt!!! I hope your nail is OK.
Love,
NaNa/Mom
I miss those cute faces. Keep up the good work on your blog!
You really have updated a lot. I love all the pictures and it is fun to see all your summer adventures. The raspberries look yumm-o!!
Hey Kristin! I want to email the Mia Maids a letter (yes, I got their cute card! It made my day! I"m just emabarrassed it's takimg me so long to write back!) Could I email it to you and have you read it to them? Do you have an email address you check often?
Love the pictures! Looks like summer finally made it to Moscow. Sure miss those beautiful Mosocow summers!
Of course! I'll e-mail you and post it here as well. :)
khansen@vandals.uidaho.edu
Post a Comment