In July we were able to take the boys on a trip to WA DC and had such a great time. I attended a nutrition conference some of the time, but we packed in as much site seeing as we could while we were there for just about a week. As hard as it was, Ella stayed with Nana, which gave us the opportunity to pack in even more with Cole and Bryce. We missed her so so much, but know she would have been miserable in the humidity and heat. Thanks to Nana and Papa for helping out with Ella Bella while we were away.
We took the Metro frequently, but also did a lot of walking. A lot. Bryce was such a trooper. One of the days he was dripping with sweat because it was so hot and we had walked so far. It was nice to take breaks inside the air conditioned Smithsonian museums or stop for ice cream. The boys really liked the National Museum of Natural History, the Air and Space Museum and National Zoo. It was really cool for Jeremy and I to walk the National Mall and see all of the Memorials. We waited an hour to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe in DC, made it to the Arlington National Cemetery and were able to visit my best friend from high school in Virginia, too. The kids all played together for a bit and they fed us East Coast crab...which really does beat West Coast crab. What a great trip! Hope the boys remember it and we are able to take Ella some day when she's older.
going down to ride the Metro
Lincoln Memorial
National Art Gallery
Jefferson Memorial
Washington Monument
Natural History Museum
The Capitol
Lincoln Memorial
White House
3 comments:
There are a few pics here
that I didn't see. They
are great! Looks like everyone
had Sooooo Much FUN ! ! ! !
Love,
Nana
I'm so jealous - I want to visit Washington DC. Looks so fun!
I'd like to take the girls there! What a great place! I especially like the picture that's showing Jeremy's unicorn horn! ;) Love it! haha!
Post a Comment