Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Firehouse Fieldtrip



Cole and his 2nd grade class went on a field trip to the local fire station today. I enjoyed going along and watching him with his friends and teacher. All the kids were able to sit in a fire truck and an ambulance. Cole even let me sit by him and his bud on the school bus (he was born a mama's boy...shhh). Listening to the firefighter reminded me that Jeremy and I need to talk to the boys to have a plan if there were ever a fire in our home. It's been a while since we've talked about that as a family (Cole was probably 3). You just never know.





5 comments:

Just Only Me said...

What a fun school trip it looks like, he told me himself he had fun! Glad he was able to be an Honorary Fireman for the day.

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Number One just finished a fire safety thing, too. He had to have an escape plan. I asked him if he could think of anything in his room he should take when he goes out the door or window. He came up with his football cleats and his cup. Ummmm....I was really leaning toward encouraging him to take his BABY BROTHER out the door with him. D'oh!

Kristi said...

Why is it that every little boy loves fireman and firetrucks? It's universal! Sounds like a fun trip!

Just Only Me said...

Tag! You're it, girl! Check out my blog for instructions.
Oh, I can't wait to see and hear about your trip down South. Hurry back, I miss you!!

LaurelMitzel said...

Kristin,
It sounded like you had a great
time with Cole.
Please review a fire plan!
Just recently there have been
two home fires in the Seattle
area. The first one three sisters
didn't make it out. Age 10,11 & 15.
A few days later another fire
and two children age 14 and 4. She
went back for her brother and they
both didn't make it. Please
everyone review your plan. It might be your children you save!

Love,
Mom