Sunday, October 26, 2008

Playing in Utah


Last weekend we made a road trip to Utah to see Jeremy's family. Jeremy has told Cole and Bryce numerous stories about "the annual Hansen family deer camp" that his family journeyed on every year when he was growing up. Another hunting season arrived and some of his family was planning to hit the Manti LaSalle Mountains, near Moab, UT. Of course, Jeremy and the boys wanted to go.


Soooo, the plan was for Jeremy and the boys to make the trip to UT for this hunting/camping experience. However, as the time came closer for them to leave for UT and as I thought more about missing my boys, I thought maybe...just maybe...I would join them.

Jeremy did remind me that in all the years I have known him and that we have been married, I have never been on "the annual deer camp" with him.


In fact, his participation in the annual outing has dwindled after we were married. Bryce also said to me, "But Mom...I will miss you...and who will I cuddle with?" It was a crazy rush of packing and accomplishing numerous tasks, but we did it and all went on the trip to UT. I must say, after it was all over, I had an amazingly fun time with Jeremy, his family, and the boys and I think we just may have created some unforgettable memories for our boys.


We enjoyed getting to see Jeremy's parents, a sister, and brothers and their families. We wished we would have had time to stop and see all of his other brothers and sisters, but our time in UT quickly came to an end. Cole and Bryce absolutely loved playing outside with their cousins for a couple days, while we camped. Thanks to Corrinne for being Bryce's constant companion on the trip. Bryce barely knew I was there because he was always attached to his "Corrinny." I have included several pics from the trip. Jeremy's niece, Sadie, got her first deer and his brother, Bart, got another.



Jeremy and the boys





On our way to the campsite, we stopped at Hole N The Rock













The boys sporting their orange






Jeremy and his nephew

(don't ask)













The kids playing Dominoes



Searching for pine nuts






One day we left camp and hiked up to a nearby arch


The kids made their own little campfire




Gage target shooting








Bryce showing off his archery skills

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kristin, I never knew you guys were so outdoorsy. We are totally not. Sounds like you had a lot of fun on your trip. Let us know when you make a longer trip to Utah. We would love to see you guys. Jen

ashley said...

Looks like you all had a great time!! I am sensing your husband and his family are uMMMMM, hunters???? I am glad you got to go!! I think those are the best trips when you didn't think you'd want to be there and then you are and it ends up being a wonderful time!!

heidi and tom said...

Kristin, it's Heidi! How the heck are you?? You and Jeremy haven't changed a bit and your boys are adorable!! e-mail me: heidithack@hotmail.com so I can invite you to my blog. Take Care!

Just Only Me said...

Those deer will make for lots of jerky! I'm glad that you got to go on your trip, you did make some wonderful fond memories for your boys. Not to mention an awesome blog post! I'm glad that you made it back home safely in one piece after those crazy long hours in the car!

LaurelMitzel said...

Kristin,
I'm so glad all of you got to go:)
Many Great Memories:)

The boys looked like they had
such fun. I hope you get to
go next year!!!!

Love,
Mom