Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hooray for Christmas!


It's hard to believe December is here and Thanksgiving has already come and gone. We are thankful for all of our many blessings and are looking forward to the upcoming holiday season. Over our long Thanksgiving weekend we enjoyed catching up on sleep and spending time with family. Jeremy and I also had the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping, while the boys stayed home and wore out their Papa.

This last weekend we cut down our Christmas tree near Moscow and had fun getting it up and decorated. Bryce would put the ornaments on the very tip of each branch so they were barely hanging on, leaving the poor branch completely bent over. I love that. Cole did the same thing when he was younger.

The boys had fun sawing.


Our $5 tree

I know...I cut off the top of the tree in this pic.

The boys are pretending to be presents (their idea).


The boys always put up a little tree in their bedroom.

4 comments:

ashley said...

how fun..I need to get my tree up, maybe that will put me in the christmas spirit. i want to go chop one down, but I am debating on how fun that would be on my own?????

Natalie said...

I love your tree, and I am especially jealous of your boys' mini tree. I would have LOVED that as a kid.

Just Only Me said...

Fun! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do that together. I can't wait until we have a tree over 24 inches tall too. Love the pictures!

LaurelMitzel said...

It looked like you had a
wonderful time getting
your GREAT TREE! I loved
seeing the boys have so much
fun. Wished I had been there:(

Love,
Nana